Aerodynamics From the Aerospace & Racing Industries
Streamliners is a company formed by a team of aerospace engineers and racing experts. Our goal is to bring high performance, innovative aerodynamic products to the trucking industry. The team's 50 plus years of experience allows us to design products that are high performance, but also cost effective and easy to use.
Our first product is called the miniskirt. It improves the aerodynamic performance of any trailer by more efficiently directing airflow around the rear tires or tandems. It saves 5-7% of your truck's fuel use, saving thousands of dollars per year, per trailer.
What's more impressive is that it provides these benefits for every trailer type. Long ignored, the aerodynamic performance of the intermodal chassis can be improved as well, saving the industry millions of dollars per year in fuel cost. To be compatible with the rapid loading and deployment of chassis at shipping ports and rail yards, our miniskirt can be installed in less than one minute.
We named it the miniskirt because it is a smaller, simpler version of traditional trailer skirts. But don't let the name fool you, it's name only applies to its size and weight, its aerodynamic performance and fuel savings are industry leading. The Miniskirt is the perfect combination of simplicity and performance, it's single piece design leads to "pit stop" style installation quickness, and the versatile design can benefit every trailer type on the road. It's lightweight and robust construction leads to years of care-free use.
The Miniskirt has several unique features that lead to its best-in-class performance, versatility and installation quickness.
- Its patent-pending tandem mounting leads to optimal performance at all rear tandem position.
- Its simple, semi-circular design gives optimal aerodynamic performance, light weight and strength.
- Its patent-pending installation configuration uses the four existing bolts on a dry van or reefer and two clamps for an intermodal chassis. This drives installation times measured in minutes where it's possible for a single person to install.
Beyond Fuel Savings
Because it doesn't run along the entire trailer, the miniskirt has several other significant benefits.
- Better over-center clearance for safer trailer operation with less damage.
- Access to the under-trailer area for things like the spare tire, equipment and fuel storage.
- Portability from trailer-to-trailer given its rapid installation and common interface.
- Unparalleled performance when tandems are in rear position because the device moves with the tandem.
Become a Dealer
Become part of our nationwide dealer network!